Mittwoch, 16. Februar 2011

Carmelo Anthony Takes Hat Off 'to Myself' for Strong Play Despite Distractions

Filed under: ,



DENVER -- Carmelo Anthony congratulated himself Saturday.

Then again, anybody who has averaged 40.3 points in his past three games would seem to have that right.

"I think it takes a strong-willed person, a strong-minded person, to deal with the stuff that I deal with and still go out there and go to work every day and perform on a nightly basis,'' the Denver forward said about trade rumors that have swirled all season as the Feb. 24 trade deadline approaches. "I take my hat off to myself for dealing with all this stuff that's going on and still be able to go out there and play at the high level that I can play at. I really don't think an average person can walk in my shoes. I don't think that.''

Anthony, who wasn't actually wearing a hat during the interview that he could take off, sure hasn't been average lately on the court. Earlier this week, he tied his career high with 50 points against Houston and had 42 against Dallas, the latter being in a dramatic 121-120 Nuggets victory that stopped a 10-game Mavericks winning streak.

Since Jan. 31 at New Jersey, Anthony is averaging 33.4 points in seven games. That would be his post-fast scoring average.

Anthony revealed Saturday he did the Daniel Fast between Jan. 9-30. He said he initially was sluggish on the court but he credits the fast now for his recent surge. If you're keep track at home, his scoring average during his fasting days was 21.8.

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/02/12/carmelo-anthony-takes-hat-off-to-myself-for-recent-strong-play/

Toronto Blue Jays Atlanta Hawks Boston Celtics Charlotte Bobcats Chicago Bulls Cleveland Cavaliers

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen