Donnerstag, 26. Januar 2012

Ted Thompson's To-Do List: Moves the Green Bay Packers Need to Make

The Packers had the best record in the NFL in the regular season at 15-1. Not only that, though, but the 15-1 record was also the best record in franchise history. Out of all the great Packers teams led by Bart Starr and Brett Favre, this team was supposed to top them all.

Well, in hindsight, that looks pretty laughable right now.

The Packers have plenty of decisions to make this offseason and also have the option to make some changes. Even though they did go 15-1 and simply played their worst game ever in the playoffs, making hard choices with this roster and coaching staff would still be valid options. This team had the worst defense in the league, its offensive coordinator has moved on and the offensive line is still giving up too many sacks.

In this article, I will go over what players the Packers should re-sign, let go, and pick up via free agency. Also, I will include a first round pick the Packers will hope to get, and maybe a few surprises when it comes to the Packers coaching staff.

Another side note: I am not Ted Thompson. I know some moves in here may or may not agree with Ted Thompson's way of doing things, but is he writing this article? I didn't think so. 

This piece will explain what I would consider doing if I were the general manager. I'm not going to put anything crazy in here that Ted wouldn't even think about. I could see Ted doing all the things in this article, but recent history says he might do things differently.

Hint: I actually have the Packers signing free agents. Yeah, that's right.

Enjoy.

Begin Slideshow

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1040902-ted-thompsons-to-do-list-moves-the-packers-need-to-make-this-off-season

J.R Smith Kenyon Martin Chauncey Billups Carmelo Anthony Tayshon Prince Tracy McGrady

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen