Donnerstag, 16. Februar 2012

Indianapolis Strikes Back in This Week's NFL Mailbag

This week's mailbag is made up entirely of angry emailers from Indianapolis. If you have a question or comment related to the NFL (or anything else), send it over to joshz at bleacherreport dot you-know-what. I'd love to hear from you.

Indianapolis may have had the last laugh with their hosting of Super Bowl XLVI.

Despite running out of hotel rooms, the city caught a break with the weather and its compact, pedestrian-friendly downtown area near the stadium was well-received. There were no significant complaints rippling through the media, as we saw with the Dallas and Jacksonville Super Bowls. So nice job, Indianapolis. You did alright.

But let's can the notion that you have any shot at landing another Super Bowl. The only reason your city had this one was because you paid five out of every six dollars to build Lucas Oil Stadium, and hosting the big game was the carrot dangled in front of you to make that happen. You can keep your now-irrelevant auto race and your NCAA swimming finals, but just forget about hosting another Super Bowl. You had your moment in the sun. Enjoy it for what it was.

But let's get to some of these Indianapolis emails. It's amazing how many people will email you when you point out disparaging data on their city. There was even a modest campaign on Twitter to get me fired. Since I'm still here, I guess that effort ran out of hotel rooms as well.

This first email comes from Tony V., with the subject affectionately titled "Douchebag A**hole":

As for your 'information and facts', the only facts that you stated are that you know abso-fucking-lutely nothing about Indianapolis.  So you can promptly rot in hell.

Promptly!

Here's a snippet of an email from Arin, who sent me a novella in response to my Indy post. 

You've never been to Indianapolis and been out downtown or to Broad Ripple or you would know there are plenty of great places to pee in the street after a night of fun.

I've visited and worked in Indianapolis, for the record. Never peed there, though. Reader Bryan decided that he wasn't going to waste his time writing much for me.

I'm not going to waste my time writing much for you.  You do have your free speech. However, maybe you should do some research, you of course are entitled to your own opinion...Maybe your fat ass should start playing some sports rather than talking about them.

I did start playing ice hockey again recently. And I owe it all to you, Bryan!

From Matthew B., who I'll point out is the third Matt in today's mailbag:

First, I'll start by saying I am not a sports fan at all, and I have no idea who you are (like most people).

That cuts deep, Matthew B.

But of course, due to your lack of intelligence and willingness to show your ass, many have been introduced to your brand of ignorance. It would have been nice to see more articles from people like you. The world needs to know where stupidity is hiding.

I never thought of not showing my ass to be a personal weakness. From Chris, who actually works for the city of Indianapolis:

Are you taking out your anger on Indy because—as an Ohio State grad—you were bummed they didn’t play in the inaugural Big Ten football championship in Indy?

First of all, I want to point out that Chris actually wanted me to call him, as if we were going to box over the phone or something. But I'll be honest about Ohio State here: they play four meaningful football games a year. And aside from Penn State, Michigan, their big out-of-conference game in September, the rest of that schedule is almost negligible.

I consider those to be positive things. Plus, the team falling out of it early gave me more time and energy to focus on the NFL.

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1068286-indianapolis-strikes-back-in-this-weeks-nfl-mailbag

Jorge Posada Lance Berkman Reegie Corona Juan Miranda Colin Curtis Kevin Russo

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen