Mittwoch, 17. November 2010

George Karl Says His Health Will Determine Return Next Season

DENVER -- Denver coach George Karl raised a few eyebrows Tuesday night when he said he's thinking more than he ever has about walking away from coaching.

And Karl had this message for any oddsmakers who might be interested.

"Would I bet on me not coaching?" Karl said of next season. "I wouldn't bet on me not coaching.''

It all started when Karl was asked before a home game against New York Tuesday about his coaching future. Karl returned this season after missing the final 1 1/2 months of last season battling a form of throat cancer.

"I'm evaluating my health,'' said Karl. "This is a year that I'm excited about being back. There's no question my butterflies and my bounce and passion for the game has been rejuvenated. ... But, at the end of this year, if my health is more important, I'll walk away from the game of basketball. I'm not saying that's what I want. But I'm not saying that I haven't though about that more than any time in my life. ... As much as (Denver's front office is) evaluating maybe me and what they want to do with me, I'm probably evaluating what I want to do with me.''

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/11/16/george-karl-says-his-health-will-determine-return-next-season/

Washington Wizards Kevin Garnett Ray allen kendrick Perkins Rajon Rondo

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen