Freitag, 30. Dezember 2011

Manny Ramirez: I'm Playing 2011 With 'a Chip on My Shoulder'

Filed under: ,

It seems that being left hanging for most of the offseason before signing for a relatively paltry $2 million with the Rays has left the legendarily lethargic Manny Ramirez with a little extra gas in his tank.

Ramirez spoke to Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune at the Rays' spring training complex on Thursday and outlined the way he's feeling in advance of the 2011 season. He's lost weight in hopes of avoiding the injuries that limited him last season, he doesn't care where he hits in the order and, most of all, he's looking to prove to all his doubters that he can still play the game.

"I want to go and get that feel back that I still got it," Ramirez said. "I just got a chip on my shoulder that I want to be here, I want to get my stuff right and show people I can play."

 

Permalink | Email this | Linking Blogs | Comments

Source: http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2011/02/17/manny-ramirez-im-playing-2011-with-a-chip-on-my-shoulder/

Colorado Rockies Florida Marlins Houston Astros Los Angeles Dodgers Milwaukee Brewers New York Mets

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen