Sonntag, 26. Dezember 2010

UFC 125: Can Frankie Edgar Avenge His Only Loss To Kick Off 2011?

UFC 125 kicks off the New Year on Saturday night from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, with a rematch between Frankie Edgar (13-1) and Gray Maynard (11-0).

The last time the two met was in April 2008, when Maynard won a unanimous decision. Edgar landed more strikes (26-19), but Maynard dropped him nine times in the fight. Looking back, Edgar told the New York Post there will be plenty of changes come Saturday night.

“I won’t stand in front of him, too much, this time,” Edgar said. “And I’m a little bigger than the last time we fought. He’s still going to have a significant size advantage, but maybe not as much as last time. I also have the threat of my jiu-jitsu. Back then I was a wrestler that was willing to throw his hands. Now I’m a true mixed martial artist. I feel I can do it all.”

Edgar shocked many UFC fans last year, and vaulted up several pound-for-pound lists when he defeated then-lightweight champ BJ Penn in April before winning the rematch in August.

Along with Edgar-Maynard, other notable bouts on the card will be a 185-pound match between Chris Leben (21-6) and Brian Stann (9-3). Brandon Vera (11-5) will also face Thiago Silva (14-2).

Here's a look at the card, and news about some of the fighters:

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/553851-ufc-125-can-frankie-edgar-avenge-his-only-loss-to-kick-off-2011

Mariano Rivera Kerry Wood Francisco Cervelli Chad Moeller Jorge Posada Lance Berkman

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen