Samstag, 23. April 2011

From South Dakota to the NBA draft

South Dakota junior guard Charlie Westbrook is declaring for the draft without hiring an agent, according to reports.

The 6-foot-4 Westbrook averaged 16.2 points, leading the team and finishing fourth in the Great West in scoring. He helped the Coyotes to an 18-win season, made the All-Great West first team, but missed the conference tournament due to an injury.

From the Argus Leader:
"It's just a test-the-water type of thing," Westbrook said. "I plan to continue playing at USD. I'm going to go full throttle in those workouts, though. Becoming a professional basketball player is a serious deal for me."

Westbrook transferred to USD last fall after two years of playing junior-college basketball at Iowa Western.

Westbrook also told the Yankton Press & Dakotan, "I feel that I can compete with the best. I am anxious to see how I match up with the best talent in the country and what I can bring to the table in front of scouts."

So who is Westbrook, and why does he have so much confidence? Just check out his dunk against Marquette in November while playing at the CBE Classic in his hometown of Milwaukee. He's quite athletic.

Source: http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/30149/from-south-dakota-to-the-nba-draft

Detroit Pistons Golden State Warriors Houston Rockets Indiana Pacers Los Angeles Clippers Los Angeles Lakers

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen